We use cookies on this website. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out more

FAQ Weddings - You asked, We Answered

How far in advance do we need to book?
We suggest booking a minimum of 6 months in advance if you want to get married between December-April which is our busiest time of the year. We have greater flexibility to accommodate your requests the earlier you book. Last minute requests and bookings are welcome so please contact us to check on availability.
When do we need to make our guest room reservations?
At the time you book your wedding date you should reserve your guest rooms to make sure we have availability. Your wedding coordinator will assist you with guest room reservations.
How do we contact someone about booking our Wedding or Reception?
Contact events@mayanprincess.com to discuss your wedding or event needs.
Where on property can we have our ceremony?
You have the option of having a beach ceremony with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea or a poolside ceremony surrounded by tropical gardens and waterfalls.
If I choose to have an outdoor wedding, what will happen if it rains?
Your wedding coordinator will plan an appropriate back up location for your wedding. We have two conference rooms on-site and access to a variety of other indoor or covered options nearby.
What services does the Wedding Coordinator provide?
Your wedding coordinator will assist you with all of the wedding ceremony and reception arrangements and organize the details on-site so you don't have to worry about a thing. We have preferred vendors for florals, decorations, music, dj and photographer however, if you want to hire outside vendors we are pleased to work with them to make your day perfect. Let us assist you in creating a magical day with floral designs, colour schemes, linens and a custom menu tailored to your tastes and budget.
How do we obtain a Honduran Marriage License?
Your wedding coordinator will assist you with the paperwork that you need to acquire and submit it for you in advance or make an appointment for you to submit it in person when you arrive. The following are the requirements:
  • Present copies of birth Certificate of the Contracting Party.
  • Present copies of Passport.
  • Present Medical Report of the contracting party, stating that they're both in good Physical condition and apt for Matrimony (HIV Test).
  • Statement of Marital Status. According to the Law all foreigners that haven't got married in Honduras, must obtain a written Statement from the Consular Office our her nationality, stating the Civil Status and assuring that with the laws of his owned Country there is no Legal Impediment to get married.
  • If widowed present Death Certificate of the deceased spouse.
  • If divorced present copies of Divorce Court Settlement.
  • If minors (Under 21 years of age), must have authorization from parents.
  • State occupation the contracting party.
  • Pay in Municipal Treasury Marriage License (COST).
  • Pay in Customs Office Matrimonial Edict (15.00).
  • Two witness of age. If foreigners copies of Passports, if Honduran copies of identification Cards, Occupation, Civil Status.
  • All the above Paperwork must be brought in 15 days before the wedding day (some exceptions apply).